Written by Ericka -
Please enjoy today’s guest post by Ericka Sanchez of Nibbles and Feasts.
This Halloween, treat your ghouls and goblins with this decadent Green Monster Avocado Pie. “Avocado pie?” you ask? Yes! Don’t be skeptical; trust me. You’ll be glad you did.
The avocado is such an important element in this recipe because it creates a creamy, smooth and silky consistency. Hints of citrus, sweetened with La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk complete this fun dessert. Plus it’s GREEN and oh so delicious! Perfect for a conversation starter at your next Halloween party.
This just keeps getting stranger. Let’s talk crust.
Everything is better with chocolate so chocolate chip cookie bar dough from Nestlé Toll House had to play an important role in this green monstrosity. Cookie dough as pie crust? Why not? Don’t be scared.
The combination of textures and flavors balance out perfectly, creating a devilishly tasty dish that will be haunting you year-round.
Ingredients for 8-10 servings:
- 1 package (11.5 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, softened
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
PRESS 20 squares of cookie dough* onto bottom and up side of prepared pie plate.
BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown; flatten down with back of spoon to form pie shell. Cool completely on wire rack.
PLACE avocados and cream cheese in large mixer bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and salt; beat until creamy. Pour into cooled cookie crust. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of pie; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Green Monster Avocado Pie
- Ericka’s Blog Nibbles and Feasts
- NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
|Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies||Strawberry Avocado Bliss|