Written by Liz –
Being from the South/Midwest/Above Texas, the thought of a sweet potato pie with a pecan pie topping really appealed to me. Plus, this one even had “No Fail” in the recipe title (thanks to Rene Garza for this recipe)!
After making the Roasted Banana Cream Pie with Butterscotch Ganache (so good!) in the Nestlé Kitchens during this summer’s pie contest, I was ready for something a little easier…a little slower, with a nice Southern drawl.
Watch the video above to see how easy it is.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 large or 3 small to medium)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell or Homemade Pie Crust
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
POUR melted butter in bowl with sweet potatoes. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in sweetened condensed milk, grated orange peel, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, salt and egg. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
BAKE at 425° F, as shown above, for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; reduce temperature to 350° F.
MIX together egg, corn syrup, sugar, butter and nuts in small bowl; spread over pie.
BAKE for an additional 25 minutes or until set.
Chocolate Cappuccino Decadent Pie – 1st prize
White Chocolate-Mascarpone Key Lime Pie