Written by Chris –
Double, double, toil and trouble. A spooktacular concoction, this Halloween treat features layers of “dirt” (crushed cookies combined with Nesquik powder), gummy bugs, whipped topping and smooth chocolate pudding. It’s so good guests will be “digging” for more.
Since Halloween is all about sweet treats and spooky decorations, I like to serve these puddings in festive glasses and holders. I found these spider cupcake holders at Michaels and Crate & Barrel. Most juice glasses fit in them perfectly. The ghosts are available at Sur la Table (part of a cupcake set). You can find spider webs and plastic spiders nearly everywhere!
It’s so easy and fun; check out our video below that shows you how.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) instant sugar free chocolate or 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups NESTLÉ NESQUIK Refrigerated Ready-to-Drink Chocolate Milk
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer or sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Chocolate Flavor Powder or OVALTINE Rich Chocolate Mix
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (6.5 ounces) WONKA SLUGGLES Gummies Candy
PREPARE pudding according to package directions using Nesquik chocolate milk in place of regular milk. This will make the pudding extra creamy!
COMBINE cookie crumbs and Nesquik in large bowl; reserve 1/3 cup for topping. The Nesquik makes it look just like dirt, so don’t skip this step.
LAYER half of remaining crumb mixture, a couple Sluggles, half of whipped topping and half of pudding evenly in eight 7-ounce glasses or small bowls. Top each with a couple Sluggles, remaining half (not reserved) crumb mixture, remaining pudding and remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with reserved 1/3 cup crumb mixture. Top with remaining Sluggles.
Another Halloween recipe coming up soon…