Written by Jenny
Now is the time of the year where we all are looking for delicious recipes that don’t require a lot of time and effort. I particularly love this recipe because it brings gardening and flowers into the house – I love gardening and my daisies are very close to blooming!
These cheerful cookie flowers are a fun activity that the whole family or a group of visiting kids can enjoy. Everyone can decorate their own flower and they make great simple gifts.
Using our cookie dough saves time and clean-up in the kitchen (get a coupon here). You can also make the cookie flowers ahead of time to maximize fun time with the kids. Here are some more fun-flower-cookie tips:
- Use a variety of decorator icings, gels, sprinkles and sugars found in the baking aisle for easy decorating.
- Color ready-to-use white frosting to give kids a variety of flower colors.
- Place flower cookies on a large platter for a garden scene or one-by-one on paper plates for individual decorating. Don’t forget to dress up the plate as well!
- To outline petals, use pastry bags fitted with pastry tips. Or, if you don’t have these, put icing or colored frostings in small, plastic food storage bags, seal them and make a small cut at one corner. Squeeze gently to pipe (watch a video below on how to do this).
These can be shared with neighbors, relatives or anyone that needs a little pick-me-up!
Easy Daisy Flower Cookies, shown at top
Ingredients for 8 cookies:
- 1 package (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- Assorted decorator icings, sugars and sprinkles
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
CUT each square of dough into two (you should have a total of 48 pieces). To form flowers, place 4 pieces of dough about 6 inches apart on each ungreased baking sheet (two sheets are needed). Around each piece of cookie dough, place 5 pieces of dough about 3/4-inch apart to form flower shape.
BAKE for 11 to13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
DECORATE flowers. Place cookies on plates or platter(s). To make a garden scene, draw stems and leaves with green icing.
Related cookie recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pretzels
Chocolate Chip Butterfly Cookies