Written by Chris -
Is your cookie recipe worth $1,000? It could be! Share your favorite cookie recipe – the one that’s a hit at cookie exchanges and holiday celebrations – and you could win $1,000!
Upload your original recipe using one or more of the qualifying Nestlé ingredients or brands. Submission must include a recipe name, step-by-step instructions and an optional photo.
- One Entry per person per Facebook account during the Entry Period
- All recipe entries and images become property of Nestlé USA
- GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000. Winner and winning recipe will be posted on Facebook, Meals.com and other Nestlé sites to be later determined.
- RUNNERS-UP: Two (2) runners-up will receive a Nestlé gift basket filled with various Nestlé products.
- Only persons residing in United States who are at least 18 years of age can enter.
- November 7, 2011 @ 06:50 am (PDT)
- November 30, 2011 @ 11:59 pm (PST)
Need a little inspiration? This is my new favorite cookie!
Warm up the holidays with a batch of these Cocoa-Ancho Chile Cookies (pictured at top). The rich flavor of 100% cocoa complements the unexpected kick of ancho chile, awakening taste buds to pure delight. And just wait until you taste that lime-sugar topping, wow! It is so good on this spiced cocoa cookie.
Check out the video above, showing just how it’s done.
Ingredients for 30 cookies:
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- Finely grated peel from one lime
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and lime peel in shallow dish; stir well.
COMBINE flour, cocoa, cinnamon, ancho chile powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; stir well.
BEAT butter and remaining ¾ cup sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Beat in flour mixture. Scoop dough by level tablespoon, then roll into balls. Place balls in shallow dish with sugar-lime mixture; swirl to coat. Place balls on ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly.
BAKE for 6 to 9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Our kitchen team can’t wait to start testing, so submit your recipe by November 30! I am pulling out my stretchy pants just for YOU!
Related cookie recipes:
Chocolate Snow Flurries Cookies
Chocolate Mini Chip Holiday Cookies