Written by Chris
When it’s hot outside, cool off with lemonade – cupcakes, that is! Frozen pound cake serves as the base for this sweet treat. The topping combines frozen lemonade concentrate, sweetened condensed milk and frozen whipped topping … how cool is that? And since this is a no-bake recipe, it’s perfect for little hands! My trio love to help me with this recipe.
To show you how easy it is, check out the video above.
Ingredients for 18 servings:
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk or NESTLÉ CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 container (6 ounces) frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate (about 2/3 cup), partially thawed
- 1 tub (12 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (10.75 ounces) frozen reduced fat or fat free pound cake
- Grated lemon peel (optional)
PAPER-LINE 18 muffin cups.
CUT pound cake into 18 slices. Using a 1 3/4 inch-round cookie or appropriate size to fit into paper liners, cut slices into rounds. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, use a small cup like I have below.
Place cake rounds into paper liners as shown above. Save all the extra pound cake scraps for another use (I like to refreeze them).
COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and lemonade concentrate in a large bowl; stir well. Stir a large spoonful of whipped topping into mixture – this will lighten it up. Then fold in the remaining whipped topping so it’s nice and light.
SPOON evenly into liners, as shown above. I like to use an ice cream scoop for this!
FREEZE for 2 hours. Cover; freeze for several hours or overnight before serving. Garnish with lemon peel.
Now how delicious and refreshing does that look? I am ready to dig in…enjoy!
More lemon recipes:
Mini Lemon Lime Tartlets