I just came across the most amazing, simple dessert recipe that will make a great addition to your holiday table. As a busy mom, I am nearly always short on time. So when I saw that this recipe could be put together in a matter of minutes, I was sold – plus, look how beautiful it is! So if you want to thoroughly impress your guests and give them the perception you spent hours in the kitchen (wink), read on…
This Peppermint Ice Cream Pie was created by our Dreyer’s Ice Cream team in Oakland, CA. I loved its simplicity – so much that I wanted to recreate it with my favorite seasonal flavor, Eggnog. This flavor has quite the following. In fact, according to a recent article in Woman’s Day, Dreyer’s (Edy’s on the East Coast) Eggnog SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream was named one of nine limited-edition foods with cult followings.
These seasonal flavors are only available through December, so pick up your favorite flavors now before it’s too late:
Peppermint Pie Ingredients:
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 carton (1.5 quarts) Peppermint DREYER’S / EDY’S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream or Peppermint DREYER’S Limited Edition Frozen Dairy Dessert
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Small candy canes (optional)
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce (optional)
Combine cookie crumbs and butter in large bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm. Place ice cream in refrigerator for 15 minutes to soften.
Spread softened ice cream evenly into frozen crust. Pipe or spoon whipped topping around border of pie. Arrange candy canes on top of pie. Freeze for several hours or until firm. To serve, cut pie into 8 wedges.
For Eggnog Ice Cream Pie:
- Use finely crushed gingersnap cookies in place of chocolate sandwich cookies
- Use Egg Nog DREYER’S / EDY’S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream in place of Peppermint
- Sprinkle whipped topping with grated fresh nutmeg
- Eliminate candy canes
So what are going to do with all that extra time? Create more ice cream pie recipes?
- Peppermint Pie
- Eggnog Pie
- Get more holiday ice cream recipes
- Get Dreyer’s or Edy’s coupons & promotions
Holiday ice cream pie recipes:
Peppermint Snow Pie
Eggnog Bûche de Noël