Written by Jenny
I don’t know about you, but things get a little crazy at my house this time of year. Between basketball fever and the early onset of spring fever, the excitement keeps us buzzing!
That’s why I like to put a little excitement on the table, too. After a long winter, we’re ready for something warm and lively, like Nacho-Style Soup , shown above.
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sliced green onions, additional shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or tortilla chips (optional)
South-of-the-Border Chicken Bake is also great for game-watching parties as well as everyday dinners. Set out a variety of toppings (including hot sauce choices) and let everyone create their own game winning dishes.
Both recipes get their satisfying creaminess and rich flavor from low fat evaporated milk. And there’s a bonus, too – evaporated milk has more than twice the protein and twice the calcium of regular milk. Good and good for you – that’s something to cheer about!
Related Casserole Recipes:
Baked Potato Casserole
One-Dish Fiesta Casserole